Saturday, January 17, 2009

Conflicted Thoughts

Some people say, "Live every day as though it will be your last.". I have been giving it some thought, and I feel that it is not very sound advice. While it does propagate several positive values, such as treasuring each moment in life and the people around us, there is a downside to "living life to the fullest".

If life were to end the next day, there are things that I would want to do. I would probably do just about anything, without any worries about the consequences of my actions. But as it were, life doesn't end tomorrow, and we all have to be careful about the things we say or do. Because no man is an island, we have to make accommodations for the other people in our lives.

With all this in mind, I still try my very best to live each day as a fresh new canvas, with new opportunites and new chances, because deep in my heart, I hope that it is not too late.

Sometimes, hope is all one can live on.

No comments: