Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dinner with Frances

I had the loveliest time today, cooking with Frances. It was like Home Economics class all over again, when we were partners. (Oh, I miss making kebabs and pizza under supervision. I can't remember how to make those again, after so long.)

I simply adore my pretty tealight holders. And the blue dish that is holding all the Toblerone bars too. I got them from IKEA. Don't you just love IKEA? Every other thing there is just perfect. Simple, elegant and homely. And yes, I'm aware of the inconsistency in my bread-cutting skills.

Our main course, chicken in white wine sauce, with mushrooms and vegetables. The mushrooms were the tastiest. The chicken was fine, though it would have been better if the skin was crispy. Nevertheless, a successful meal, not counting the sauce, which was a little odd. I might have added too much wine, and hence the taste was overpowering. Still, it was a good experience.

The candles add the most glorious touch. It was definitely very pleasant to just sit back, listen to good music and enjoy our post-dinner drinks and party mix.

We love Christmas! And Christmas trees too. I'm really looking forward to Christmas with much anticipation. In just a couple of weeks, there'll be presents under the tree. It's a cheery thought.

Just a few more days to my last paper. And thus marks the end of another semester. We always get by, don't we?

No comments: