Monday, March 16, 2009

Disney Princesses on Ice!

Natasha and I had the loveliest time at the show. It was my second Disney on Ice show. I watched my first one when I was still a child. Now I'm just a child at heart. With a bigger allowance.

I did not buy any of the memorabilia though. Most of the items were quite expensive, plus I do not really have much use for figurines that do not resemble the princesses in the least bit. I wanted to buy the cotton candy (I have a constant cotton candy craving), but it would have cost me a whopping $12, because it came with a plastic crown with Mickey Mouse ears on it.

There were mugs made in the likeness of Mickey's head, with the top of the head and the ears as the cover of the mug. They did not sell these alone though. Each mug comes with a serving of blended ice and syrup. This may sound delicious, but the sight of little children twisting of the top of Mickey's head and eating what looked like Mickey's multi-coloured brain was horrendous.

Alright, back to the show.

Snow White (and her wishing well in the corner)

And now she has found her prince! "One Song" is one of my favourite Disney songs (I have many).
Belle, holding a red rose (I apologise for the badly taken photos. We sat far far away, and I had already zoomed in all that I could.)

She is joined by Lumière and the dinnerware. J'adore Lumière, even though Natasha says he's too slimy. Well, ma cherie, he's French, and you should know better.

Prince Eric (figure dressed in the white shirt and blue pants, in the background) and the acrobatic sailors. It is amazing, to be in skates and flip around the way they did.

Sebastian the cooked Jamaican crab, with Ariel's six older sisters. The unfortunate part about having mermaids on ice is that there is no choice but to make them two-tailed. It makes the sight completely visually-unappealing, but oh well...

Ariel joins in the fun, along with creatures of the deep blue ocean.

Aurora, with her pretty pink dress and her too-blonde prince.

This is the clearest shot I could get of Cinderella arriving in her golden carriage. She was the princess with the grandest entrance.
All the princesses! One of my favourite parts, to watch all the princesses with their partners.

Tricks and lifts. Beautiful.


Ta-daa. It was wonderfully beautiful, even though I was a little disturbed about Tinkerbell in the golden cage. Who knows what Disney is trying to tell us? But it was spectacular all the same. Fireworks! Indoors!

Alright, you are probably exhausted at this point, so I'll end my entry here. I've got some wonderful projects lined up, and I'll execute them as soon as I find the time. For now, it's goodnight, and lots of love to you, beautiful reader.

No comments: